Saturday, September 23, 2006

Glass Vial Art Charm

Extra talented and creative Crystal has photos of beautiful glass charms on her blog. She generously showed the process she used to make them. The tutorial is so well written and her charms are to die for... I just had to try to make one. I had a glass vial (from Chinese herb medicine) and gold leaf. I could not find the gold leaf sizing and it was too late to go and buy it so I used Allene's tacky glue and I think it did the trick. Also, I didn't have a pre 1909 book with illustrations so I used a part of a poem and this is how it turned out:
Now click here and go admire the real thing.

2 comments:

  1. Your charm turned out beautifully! I love the verse you picked. The line "Do lovely things and not dream" really jumped out at me. Thats exactly what you did here!!
    Thanks for being such an encourager to me as well!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty Full! Zo! Thanks! for the linkie! Happy Sunday sweets! xo

    ReplyDelete