Sunday, August 27, 2006

Live within the moment

What a lovely day! The weather is perfect - sunny but with a hint of autumn chill in the air. My d.h. and I went book hunting and got these peppers! Let me explain - there is a lovely farmers' market in front of our closest Barns&Noble bookstore. It stretches along Water Street - from the pier at Webster Street to the entrance to Jack London Square at Broadway. And today it was calling my name... so we left with bags of produce (and a bag with books).
Here is a quick recipe for peppers. Grill the peppers (turning all sides) and enjoy the wonderful smell (I used to hate when my mother prepared this because I thought that my hair will smell like the grill... a big no-no when you are 16). Put them in a plastic or paper bag to steam a while. After that it is easy to peel off the skin. Dressing is easy - little salt, black pepper, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, parsley and garlic. Drizzle it over the peppers and enjoy.
The eggplant became Baba Ghanoush. My kids don't like eggplant, but much to my surprise - they loved it today! There were two more salads and grilled wild salmon.... perfect.





After food art - here is some other kind of art - listed on eBay this afternoon.

1 comment: