Friday, July 21, 2006

Sun, birds, drinks, peace

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."
Mark Twain
I usually agree with the above quote, so I'm trying to remind myself not to complain about a few hot days. Soon enough it will be cold again and I will wish for warmth of the past days.

I was looking through our photos, trying to see what were we doing at this time in previous years... and I stumbled onto this picture. Unreal colors! But true...
I really shouldn't complain. I was sitting this afternoon in a shade by the swimming pool. My daughter was playing with a friend; they were splashing, diving, racing... had great fun. I was sketching my funny colorful birds (not finished yet) and listening to my iPod.... when all of a sudden my husband appeared with the most beautiful cocktail - 'Tequila Sunrise'. And as I was enjoying it, I couldn't stop thinking about people in Lebanon... and how we were in a similar situation years ago and how I knew at that time that other people in the world are carrying on with their lives, not knowing how vulnerable, little and insignificant you feel when politicians play their games... Nothing much to add there. Pray for peace.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny,my first mixed drink of choice when I turned 21,many moons ago.

    Its just surreal what other parts of this world have to endure everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!You're under heat wave?In Portugal we've endured 12 days of high temperatures(35º-40º Celsius).It was the first time I ever felt bad about the heat and I'm not that young.I love the sun, I live by the beach.I long for Summer all Winter.I had all windows closed most of the time.Only light from open fridge and computer!!Impossible to sleep at night.Lost apetit.The clima is all mixed up.It's like the world troubled with all these conflicts.Life is so precious.Can't understand a lot of what is going on people's minds.I do like your blog.Lots of beautifull things!:-)

    ReplyDelete