Monday, June 19, 2006

Prints, fabric painting, crayons...

I received today prints from my art journal pages. I was amazed with the quality - they are almost touchable! I listed them on etsy.
Other than that - I'm still trying out techniques from "Collage unleashed". Today Hana and I decided to play with fabric. We scraped acrylic paints with old credit cards, stamped, stenciled... This is her piece:
And here is mine:
I also tried 'coloring' paper with melted crayons. It took a lot of time to cover both sides of a 12"x12" paper but it was fun. It was interesting to see that Crayola crayons are far better than Rose Art crayons. The RoseArt crayons had almost no pigment and they were melting in a strange way... I threw them away (that's how bad they were).
Very crazy colors! I have no idea what to do with these papers... but I'm sure that they will be great for something.

4 comments:

  1. Love love love that paper! I could look at it for hours. I'd be scanning it in and using it for digi-stuff!

    BTW, thank you for your recent comment on my 'Am I an Artist' post. It's interesting that so many of us share the same angst. Just give yourself permission to call yourself an artist - that's all it takes. It's only taken me 56 years! Your work is wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful papers- found your blog by accident- so many fun and great ideas here! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete