Friday, June 9, 2006

My first workshop!!!

Did you see Traci Bautista's book "Collage Unleashed"? I was very lucky to receive the book several days ago and to go to her workshop today. It was just great! I had the best time! The workshop was fast paced and I'm sure that I'll be dreaming all the colors and techniques she showed us. I am going on a trip on Sunday and I can't wait to come back and play with my paints...I feel very inspired right now (just what I needed).
Traci is a sweetheart! You see her here showing one of her collages. We had an opportunity to look through her journals and it was just the thing I like the most - a celebration of colors, textures, different papers, drawings, words, beads, fibers... You could look at them for hours! We had a chance to work a lot, but nothing is finished... these are basically some samples of the backgrounds, or better said - building blocks for layered collages.
Finally - I have to share how she signs her books... Fun!!! If you have the opportunity to go on one of her workshops - don't miss it!

2 comments:

  1. ALL of that looks Dreamy! Z!!! Soooo GLAD you had a FUN time! I'm a workshop virgin! Maybe I can save my pesos to go to Artfest next year! Dream on Alice! LOL
    Have a safe trip!!! I'll miss you again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I love Traci's work and would love to know more about the techniques you learnt in future posts. That would be fab! I adore her glamour girls.

    Now, if you ever post that you've attended one of Anne Bagby's workshops I shall throw a tantrum! LOL..xxx

    ReplyDelete