Saturday, June 3, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday - Functional Art

Another great weekly challenge from "Inspire Me Thursday": "This week’s challenge is to create a piece of functional art. Something that not only beautifies, but that also serves some purpose or function." I need to make a journal, so I was thinking of some book binding technique but then I decided to check the links that Misty & Melanie provided. I found a tutorial for a polymer clay bracelet that I just HAD to try. Of course, I changed the design, but used the basic explanation. Isn't it interesting? I loved making it and I'll probably wear it (or sell it)! How do you like it?

5 comments:

  1. It's beutifull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love working with polymer clay!! this is a fantastic design. Very similar to an etched bracelet I saw @ anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! i too luv working vt clay and handmade things are always great to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of detail - it looks fabulous. Definitely an heirloom piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! i want to try this, Thank you for sharing the idea! I am glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete