Sunday, May 14, 2006

Painted butterflies, wish birds.... gentle stuff

Maybe I shouldn't write about this..... but I wonder - am I the only person that doesn't like holidays like Valentine's, Mother's Day etc.? It all seems fake to me... and I don't like anything that's forced. It just doesn't work for me. There are days when I don't feel appreciated by my kids and days when I feel surrounded by love so much that it's like floating. I like them all. I love being a mom. I just don't like when someone says that this is the day you should buy flowers and be nice to your mother. Maybe I'm wrong.... but that's me. I don't like it.
Because I always feel so weird when I'm the only one not understanding something I needed some gentle flower therapy today. I painted butterflies and lilacs and stamped lovely words on pretty papers.... There is a lot of things going on in this journal... and more than 15 photos on eBay. Hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. Nope - you're not the only one. I think it's all so false and totally for commercial reasons. Sometimes I think we - the general public - should rebel and not pander to it.

    Your work is gorgeous....*sigh* You do gentle stuff so well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I feel better knowing that I'm not a bad person for not liking forsed "love somebody" days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I don't like em either!!!Zo! xoxox ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I meant the designated I Love you mushy, mushy goo goo days! It just makes a lot of people feel bad!!! The journal is purrrrrty, I just love butterflys!

    ReplyDelete