Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday - Word Art

After reading a post on one of my favorite blogs I quickly bought a used "Journal of a Solitude" on eBay. It arrived today just in the most perfect moment. I started reading it and stopped after only a few pages. So many times I feel different... not belonging to 'the rest of the world', so many times I hide what I really feel because I know I will not be understood..... it was so refreshing to read that I'm not different, thoughts written so well, explaining 'me to myself'. I will be reading this book slowly.

"The value of solitude – one of its values – is, of course, that there is nothing to cushion against attacks from within, just as there is nothing to help balance at times of particular stress or depression.."

Journal entry - revisited.

I didn't like how this page turned out. So funny how sometimes things "call you". She was staring at me whole afternoon. Finally I sat down and wrote all over her face and hair and changed some other details. Now I know that this page is done. And it will be easy for me to read my favorite excerpts (from the first 30 pages of the book) whenever I need to.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks! for showing us the before and after, I like them both but the second one is more inviting and cozy! I wonder why, is it the colors or is it the text or both? or is it because you put more of yourself in it???The more you put into a piece the more it looks like the artist? hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete