Saturday, March 11, 2006

"Happy" journal

We were supposed to go to Lake Tahoe for a skiing weekend. Most people would probably be very happy... not me. I don't ski; I would love to love it because the rest of my family does, but I'm too afraid of the ski lifts, gondolas, speed, mountains... everything.

So, instead of packing winter clothes, I was preparing my art material and getting ready to sketch, journal and read while others have fun. I even decided to start a new journal, small enough to fit in my bag. Should the cover be cheery, white, snowy? Noooooooooo....... It turned out very dark, sad, hopeless... just the way I was feeling.

Dragonflies are flying away from me... weary eyes are looking at me... the crackle I guess shows the way I feel (old and crackled). Interesting how our art comes from the soul when we let it. Should I turn this into a journal about my fears? Scary.
We decided not to go because the weather changed for the worst. That didn't change the way I feel. Is there a magic pill to help me to become more adventurous? It seems so easy for so many people.

3 comments:

  1. An interesting altered book. It appeared as if the texture of the material was a warm blanket to warm the cold girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to ask my friend. Before she got divorce she was like that, scared of everything, asking the same question, how to be more adventures? ......Now, she is doing much better, she went water rafting two times with us (group of divorced people) .... that was the biggest thing…… but she is opening up, ready to try new staff. I’ll ask her……….. And by the way she is an artist too….

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry, I didn't want to be anonymous, I just don't know how to use all this... :)
    It's Tina

    ReplyDelete