Monday, March 6, 2006

Illustration Friday - Insect

I'm fascinated by insects and scared of most of them... I don't think that butterflies, dragonflies, ladybugs count as "real" insects and I love using their images in my art. This is a mixed media 6" x 6" canvas. I just finished it today for the "illustration Friday".
"I follow the butterfly's cascading flight of
freedom toward the flossy green meadow where it
meets with another.

They flutter together playfully
as I marvel at the pure blue sky."

9 comments:

  1. Let me try again Zo!!! I've left other comments, let's try again!!!It says Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the Blog author soooo Haven't you approved my other comments or ??????????!!!!!!!! Cinda If this doesn't go thru I'm going to email you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE butterflies too and this is soooooooo pretty Zo!!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, I don't always have the time to comment on the stuff I see here, but yours couldn't go without a little praise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the golden, textured background! I'm still working on mine...I actually am hand sewing something...hope I finish in time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those butterflys are amazing! How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, good choice of color, i'm a butterfly lover myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are one of the best on this weeks theme. Great job!
    a.

    ReplyDelete