Monday, January 20, 2014

January sketches

Hello dear people!
Happy January!
Happy 2014!
 In the last 30 days I barely stepped into my studio. When I did, it was to use it as a storage space, to throw in things that I didn't know where else to put. No surprise then that it looks like a total mess. I have big plans for transforming it into a place where I will, once again, love to come in and paint. I want to let go of supplies that don't serve me anymore, but am afraid to start...
The only art I have to show are these sketches... and they were not done in my studio, but in my lap in the living room :-)
I feel rusty.... not sure where to start, what to paint... Did anyone else have a long pause from art? How are you dealing with it?
In other news - paintings in my etsy shop are 50% off right now. They will stay that way till the end of January, and then I will make some changes there. If you wanted to own one of my pieces, this is probably the best time for it.
Also, my class for Soul Food started today and I am delighted to see that ladies are already inspired to create and show what they made. Here is a snippet of colors we are using in my class.

3 comments:

  1. You just keep getting better and better girlie!! I have been waiting until everyone is in bed and I have peace and quiet to watch your lesson. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sketches are so beautiful! The remedy for feeling rusty, in my experience, is jumping right in and creating art and more art! :-) Lovely colors that you are using in your classes. I'm certain all of your talented, lucky students are loving the classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zorana, I love these drawings! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete