Friday, September 27, 2013

Today I...

Today I went jogging for the first time in a month (after trying to heal a hurting knee). I am not sure that my knee was happy, but I was. I enjoyed the crisp air and always welcome sight of water.
Today I tried my new "phone leash" and loved it!!! I go on daily walks/runs and always have my phone in hand so I can listen to books and music and also to take photos at moment's notice. I don't want to count how many times my hand tired and the phone fell... This simple contraption keeps it safe on my wrist and ready for action :-)
Today I took a picture of my friend the bird. I wish the phone camera was better so that I could capture this guy more clearly. I consider him to be my friend, because I see him often and love his calm energy. Don't think that it is mutual, because although he lets me come close, he usually becomes annoyed with me and flies away...
Today I made THIS lovely soup. It is velvety and rich in flavor and nutrients and just what I wished for. Appropriately called "Luxurious 7-Vegetable and 'Cheese' Soup" (no cheese in it).
Today I painted on a lacy piece of tree bark...
Today I started a new painting....
I was very conscious in recognizing all the good in this day and being grateful. It makes a difference when we really try looking at things expecting to see/feel/experience/share good. 
Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be so near the water. For me that would be the ultimate relaxation feature...and to be with birds and nature. I can see the influence of your day in the new painting. She looks very calm and serene and at peace with her surroundings.

    Yum! That soup sounds delicious. I saved the recipe and will be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT was a GREAT day - and that you appreciate it makes it even greater!
    Hugs, Zorana! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful post, zorana, thank you... you know i especially love the painting on the lacy bark. : )

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great post, I needed to be reminded about living in the moment and appreciating it all. After visiting here many times, for quite a long time, I checked out your profile, or what ever it is, and I'd like to try to pronounce your name, phonetically. Sta-nok-a-vic?
    More important than that, YOUR ON YOUTUBE!! I just watched the most recent video you had done and seriously, are you performing magic or something? That is amazing. You once told me anyone can paint......I don't think so. What you do is quite special.

    ReplyDelete