Friday, September 13, 2013

Reconnecting

ZORANA art cityscape painting art NYC abstract energy
It's never easy to get back into the flow of blogging after a long pause. I feel like I have been absent for months (although I posted sporadically). I think that the following weeks will be calmer, as I learn how to live in this new role of "Mom of children that are far away". Our girl is happily adjusting to her first days of college in NYC, while I am sorting through the impressions that the big city embedded in me and dealing with separation issues :-). 
After not painting for a while, I couldn't wait to pull out a 24"x36" canvas and attack it with a multitude of colors.  
ZORANA art cityscape painting art NYC abstract energy
ZORANA art cityscape painting art NYC abstract energy
ZORANA art cityscape painting art NYC abstract energy
Zorana NYC
I didn't have a plan while painting, and wanted to just enjoy colors and movement. And then I stopped when I realized that what I painted was my impression of the energy of NYC. The shapes, movement, action, energy... it might just be in my head, but I decided to stop and call it a NYC cityscape abstraction, because that is what I see in it.
ZORANA art cityscape painting art NYC abstract energy
I will be back soon with some news, but until then - I hope that you are doing well and enjoying the cooler days! I'll start visiting blogs again, I am sure that there is a lot of new art to see. Happy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful Painting, so full of color and energy,glad to see that you are back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew when I saw this on instagram that is was inspired by NYC. I wondered if you knew it too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back and I love your new paintings. So colorful and energetic and full of a life pulse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so good to have you back! The new painting is fantastic and I definitely see the influence of NYC in it. Vibrant colors, lots of energy, lots of movement. Love it!

    ReplyDelete