Thursday, September 19, 2013

Purple Bird + video

I couldn't sleep well because a purple bird was persistently floating around my dreams, insisting to be painted. I really couldn't get up at 3 a.m., so I tossed and turned until the morning, and then went right to my studio and picked up the brushes. 
And since I haven't done it in a while, I wanted to see how it looks when I record it, so I fished out my tripod from the depths of the closet, connected the camera and started. I don't think that you can see the embedded video in readers (I never can), so in case you are interested click on the link.
Things happen in mysterious ways sometimes... I painted the bird holding a flower, and when I opened the door in the evening to greet my husband, imagine my surprise when he filled my arms with flowers for no reason at all, except that he felt like it. He might be my purple bird! Feeling very lucky and extremely grateful for it :-)

7 comments:

  1. Love to see you painting.....fabulous, fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Zorana. That was wonderful to watch!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too very much enjoyed the video about the creation of this sweet birdie!
    Yes, thank you Zorana! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed watching you paint this beautiful bird. For some reason, I was very moved, watching you paint. Purple is my favorite color. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zorana, I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner. Thank you!! I love the purple bird and now that I know the story behind it, it's even more special. You are a beautiful person and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely purple bird, I very much like it. I also enjoyed watching you paint it, it was fascinating.

    ReplyDelete