Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Playing with paint

mixed media painting  canvas bird crown Zorana art Zoranaland
It is very difficult to read a book about techniques in acrylics and not pull out the brushes and play. My work looks nothing like the work of Julie or Chris Cozen, which is a good thing, as it would be really sad if we all made copies of each other, but I used many of the techniques they describe, and smashed them all together in my three paintings. As you can see - I stayed in my comfort zone with the theme :-)
mixed media painting  canvas bird crown Zorana art Zoranaland
mixed media painting  canvas bird crown Zorana art Zoranaland
mixed media painting  canvas bird crown Zorana art Zoranaland
There are two more days to sign for the giveaway! If you didn't already - go to the previous post and leave a comment. I'll be back on Friday to announce the winner!
These three paintings are listed in my etsy shop - worth seeing even if only to laugh at the name I gave them.  I admire the people that find or think of meaningful names for their paintings. I am (obviously) not one of them :-) 

7 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and all 3 would look great displayed in my home :)
    Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Names can be a nightmare to chose!! I love all three of the 'orb's ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your textured background is just so marvelous, the colors create magic, and the birdie images are full of fun and humor! It looks like you had the greatest play time!
    I so wish I could do that too! Am I jealous? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...Very inspiring!!! I love birds...these are lovely! Going to check out the names :)
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birds are beautiful and yes, they do look like your style and not like Julie or Chris's style...just as it should be.

    ReplyDelete