Thursday, March 21, 2013

A raw journal page

It has been a long while since I pulled out my big visual journal and poured my soul into it. The day has only a limited amount of hours, and between my daily digital journaling, "regular" journal, commissions and other things there wasn't enough time for it. And then I just had to... 
 I love the feeling when something nudges, whispers, then screams and we finally decide to listen and let it out. Do you know the feeling? I promised myself that I will allow it to show up more often.
I saw something that I didn't expect on the finished page. I remember quickly dabbing the yellow color in the eyes instead of regular dark pupils, and didn't even stop to look at it because I was busy splashing the color in different places. At the end I saw hearts! They somehow painted themselves! I take that as a gift from my journal to me and as a good sign :-) 
-acrylics in Moleskine 16.5x11.75"

10 comments:

  1. It is very pretty! I admire the colors and textures!
    Good luck and fun and joy with many more journal pages! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zorana, I love your brave use of colour...would love to have a look through your moleskin!!!!
    That quote is wonderful too. Have written that one up in my journal.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quote is perfect and this painting is stunning Zorana. Love, love love your bold use of color..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic and beautiful Zorana. Wonderful colors anf textures
    nice weekend and lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Both the colors and the quote and the emotion they convey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pleasant surprise, hearts in the eyes, wonderful. The colors used in this page are endless, wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those surprise hearts! And the entire journal piece is gorgeous! The colors are bright but also somewhat muted at the same time. Beautiful quote, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looked at his real self and felt love....what a powerful message!

    It's funny I just completed a painting that had to do with allowing yourself to be unmasked....then I see this!
    Great minds think alike...heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this and the hearts in the eyes are awesome and so cool that they just appeared. Don't you love it when things like that happen!

    Cheers Patti

    ReplyDelete