Monday, January 28, 2013

Undeserved praises

A big, wholehearted THANK YOU for the compliments on the "something different" painting I posted yesterday. I read them all to the person who deserved them - and that definitely wasn't me.
I asked my daughter yesterday if she wanted to play, and after receiving a positive answer gave her some oil pastels and a pad of paper. She never used them before, so she asked me two questions.
1. What do you do with them?
My well formulated answer was: "You smoosh them and blend them".
2. Do you start from dark to light or from lights to dark?
My answer was a confused look, before I told her that I don't know.
Okay, said she and then did this:
 I, in the mean time played with soft pastels over graphite and made one of my faces... The funniest thing is that I also looked at a picture, but couldn't come even close. So, I finished as fast as I could, and then just sat and looked at her create. I am going to try and steal as many moments like this one and lock them in my memory, before she leaves for college... and then I am going to pull them out from my heart and smile.

11 comments:

  1. Such talent Zorana...I love how you will tuck these special memories away for later.
    Maybe you could print off some of your photos and put them in a little memory book to remember this special time and feelings before she goes off to college.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW! I don't know your daughter plan for a major in college, but I think it should be ART! She is some talented your lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a joy to see this, zorana...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you do that! Those are the best memories EVER! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Zorana , im also in Misty's class and im sure your daughter will benefit from the class she is already gifted , a great face that she did , oh and yours is good to mum lol
    hugz bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fanatastic Zorana. I can understand how proud you are on your daughter. What a great work she have made, even like her mother. Two beautiful faces.
    lovely greet Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are both AMAZING!!! I would love to sit and watch her too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zorana, I agree with everyone else! You and your daughter are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you kidding me?? That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I didn't know you had such a talented daughter. And to me, oil pastels are a difficult medium. Portraits are not the easiest of subject, either! She really did a fantastic job and I hope she enjoyed it and keeps it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter is very talented...like mother, like daughter. She has grown up watching you and learning from you. You must be so proud of her. It's a great piece of art you showed.

    ReplyDelete