Friday, November 9, 2012

Breaking the rules

We all know the rule not to paint with water-soluble paint over oil based paint...
but it is so nice to break the rules sometimes.
 About a year ago the magical Lynne Hoppe wrote a tutorial about the way she paints faces using oil pastels, watercolor, gouache... and I had to try.
 I found a book that felt nice, and started painting quirky characters mixing anything and everything... except acrylics. The paints I use the most are banned from this book. I've been working in it for a year now, it is my go-to place when I feel more introverted than normal :)
Since I said that I will be posting every day in November, and I had nothing to show today, I decided to pull out my book and introduce you to these two guys.   I wish that my characters would whisper their names to me, but they don't, so they remain nameless...
Happy weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Every day in November!!! Good on you Zorana (I dont think I could be that disciplined). I will be visiting!
    Loooove Lynne's work and have used that tutorial myself. Love the soft effect you can achieve. Thanks for sharing your special book with us.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW every day in November. Love your both characters. They are cool and beautiful. Beautiful combination of materials.
    Lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea. A different book for artistic experiments not using your "go to" favorite.....hmmmmmm.....food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two little guys are so quirky and cute. When I do characters I try to think of names that are not used much anymore...maybe Hugo and Harold.

    ReplyDelete