Sunday, October 14, 2012

No Words Allowed - neon art journal spread

I went to the craft store with only one thing in my mind - to purchase neon colors. I had an urge to see what I can do with them and didn't want to spend a lot of money on artist grade paint. So - I got pink, yellow, orange and green Americana Neons. 
There is so little pigment in them that they work almost as glazes. And there is something wrong with the green one - I have only tiny drops of color floating in a sea of 'something' and as much as I tried - I couldn't make them come together. 
 Even with those disadvantages,  I enjoyed playing with layers of brightness and will probably use them again. So, I wonder... do you like to vary your palette or prefer to stay with the colors you know and love?

7 comments:

  1. Even if the paints weren't perfect, you still made some beautiful art with them.

    I like to play around with colors although I use a lot of the same colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colors and the artwork are wonderful! You are brave to just go for the neons! I never would have thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Zorana, it came out beautiful. I found that I have gone through changes with specific colors. I am in a new phase and using much more bright and happy colors these days. It's good to experiment. I love your experiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the overlaping of images. Great idea, nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really great work Zorana and I do love the neons also.
    Again beautiful and soft work.
    Lovely greet and hug
    Marja
    marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the weird stuff happening with the green came out! I love it. I like to change things up and play...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have found that neons are so hard to photograph, too.....I bet this is so much more vibrant in person.
    What a pretty spread....all the overlapping images, animals and floral....very nice :)

    ReplyDelete