Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Journal - No Words Allowed

I woke up this morning with a strong urge to paint, but somehow none of my (many) journals was calling me. I didn't want to spend too much time making a new journal, so I made the same one that I show in my workshop, except that I decided on soft covers. I cut off a piece of rosin paper, and a couple of minutes later - I had a brand new place to play.
Last week I painted 23 paintings which I cannot show yet, so I wanted something different than acrylics. Soft pastels sounded good. I was happy to see that they work really well on rosin paper, holding on to it and smudging nicely. And then I made a stupid mistake. Because I had a bad experience with fixative (that dramatically changed the colors) I decided to seal it with Acrylic medium. Why did I think that would work? Everything turned a dull dark brown color.... all the softness was lost. I quickly left my studio before it dried (that's why there is no picture). Will it transform over night to it's previous stage? I hope, but somehow doubt it.
Would you like to see how bad it looks after the medium?

4 comments:

  1. Of course! Not bad... just a new perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don´t worry ..... I think it looks great! show it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry Zorana, but I understand your fear. On my pastel I sprayed with hairspray but the colors are changed and the softness was disappeared.
    But I want to see yours, it looks very great.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. I doubt if it could look too bad...nothing you do ever looks bad.

    ReplyDelete