Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Scribble, scrabble...

It is interesting how things happen in our journals if we allow them to.
I was watching the water sprinkler's hypnotizing back & forth movement and was suddenly transported into early childhood. So much that I wanted to draw (paint) like I child. It was probably triggered by my upcoming trip. I am getting ready for a long trip across the ocean to visit my parents and I'm thinking about them a lot...
I held the pencil way up high, like a three year old, with my hand formed in a fist around it and started my silly drawing. (Sorry Mark that I turned your adorable visitor into this creature... I really had to paint him and I was in my three-year old mode, so I couldn't do a better job.)
Then I started writing about things that I remember from my childhood, which turned into writing about dear (mostly gone) people, then more happy things and at the end my mindless writing came back to the present time and I had a real "aha!" moment. Some things connected without me even trying to think about them. So interesting! I sat there looking at my drawings and words and wondered where did that thought come from. What an unexpected bonus from journaling! Try it... allow yourself to just "do" (paint, draw, write) and you might be surprised too.
P.S. I forgot to say that international entries for my giveaway are welcome! I will pick someone on Thursday :-)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, you're comming home :) well, for a visit :) My DH just saw 10 storks yesterday at the near by field. Do you have them where you live now?
    Nice scribbled page, love how you've incorporated some words in you language.
    Wish you a safe journey and a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cute little faces, so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used my photo as inspiration, very very cool.Thank you. And love those childhood drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these little journal faces.......have a great trip home, zorana...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have allowed many things to happen Zorana, so I can see in your beautiful painting/journal.
    The little faces feels so happy and the whole combination, really marvelous.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! The little faces are so cute. I must try this in my journal.

    I hope you have a wonderful trip to visit your family.

    ReplyDelete