Saturday, May 5, 2012

New obsession?

I took the Pear-ology class with Martha Lever, and now I can't stop painting pears...
It is so .. much .. fun!!!
I think I am falling in love with watercolors.
They are somehow clean (for the lack of a better word). The opposite of messy acrylics. And you know how much I love the messiness of acrylics. I guess I like it all.
Hana patiently watched as my pear collection grew, but when she saw this last one, she couldn't resist to comment: "What, you have a new obsession? Not birds anymore? Pears?" 
I guess so. They landed in my journal too. What can I say - I guess I am obsessed.
--------------------------------------
Through the magic of modern technology this post will go up while my plane starts soaring.... and several more will show up in the following days. 
I moved things around the blog - closed my etsy shops, and added instagram! I never really "got" facebook, and although I have an account I rarely use it, but instagram seems like a really pretty place and I am enjoying it right now. I will try to post some photos while I'm away, but I'm warning you - I am total newbie there, just learning my first steps.
-----------------------------------------
Sorry for the lack of e-mail communication. I really appreciate every comment, even when I can't write back.
Have a happy weekend!

26 comments:

  1. Hi, your pears are lovely! Watercolor is so simple to work and the results are wonderful. :) Enjoy! XoxoJanet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pears are simply divine!!! Love, love, love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took Martha's pear class also. She always does such a good job teaching her on-line classes.

    Your pears are awesome! Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your enthusiasm!! I think whatever excites you becomes your new obsession...and your joy, like your art, is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pears are sooo beautiful! You are an amazing artist, but wow these are so fabulous!! Watercolors become you!! My daughter is loving instagram too! I can't get it yet, but would like to try tumbler instead..
    Enjoy your trip!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all!! Followed you on instagram...it's a great place to connect....and so fast and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are really beautiful - who knows what your next obsession will be?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see you enjoyed painting these pears. How gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, so beautiful pear paintings! They seem ready to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pears, I have an obsession with flowers at the moment, can't stop painting them!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these new pear compositions.
    After all the pear reminds me of the shape of a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whatever you do or whatever paints you're using, I loooove your color combinations. I've seen a lot of Martha's work already, but your paintings made me almost buy her class :)
    Great to have new obsessions from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you just love Martha Lever? I followed her credit card flowers class and now even I can paint!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe without obsession I could do nothing. Your pears are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I wouldn't worry about your obsession if I were you. After seeing these, now I'm obsessed with pears. Beautiful. I can taste them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so wonderful. I am not familiar with Martha, but she must be a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is something special about pears. I love what you are doing. Can't wait to see the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terrific inking and colouring, your bookmark lights up the page. Love it
    Regards,
    SAM:>)
    Business Gift Cards
    Gift Card Printing
    scratch card

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love pears too, I have a rubber stamp of one which I have used in my journals before but these look so yummy. Who wouldn't want to paint them. I see a future painting with pears and birds in them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the colors in your pear pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Zorana - I adore your pears! What beautiful works of art and the colors make me mouth water. Talented, lovely you xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Make my mouth water - sorry about the typo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. I just love your work.
    So deliciously soft........and you are very talented:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete