Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Random show & tell

This is what I see when I open the door to our backyard - gray, gray sky and pink flowers. It has been constantly raining for days... and as much as I love rain, I am getting a bit tired of it.
I have been playing with simple color combinations and making decorative paper that I'll tear and collage in my journal. This one made me happy.
This one too.
And these are three pogo prints. It is so easy to create effects in photoshop and alter the image any way you want to, but for some reason playing with different techniques of distressing pogo prints makes me excited. For the first one I used acetone and sand paper, second one was soaked and burned and I forgot what I did with the third one. Fun!
I have been commissioned to paint a 72" x 36" painting, which is pretty big... To try it out, I painted on three 9x12" canvas boards. That was easy, but painting it on big canvases will be challenging for sure.
Speaking of big surfaces and commissions, I don't think I shared this image:
It doesn't look like much on the photo, but I was really proud how it turned out. There were many glazes od different greens and I liked it. It's hanging somewhere in New York now...
I'll stop my random chatter now... my dh will be back home soon and I think we'll light a fire and open a bottle of wine (or make tea) and chase the gray away.
What would you choose - a glas of wine or tea on a cold evening?
xo

7 comments:

  1. wine(:
    that IS a big commission!
    awesome.
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either sounds good to me! You will score a big success with big canvases if they come out anything like your small ones. Gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your green canvas and congratulations on your commission, zorana.....and secondly, i would choose the wine....red, for me...... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine...especially if cuddled up to your DH :)

    I've never worked that huge! How wonderful!! I'm sure you'll make it turn out extra special!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your commission and the big one is very beautiful. Your art work is marvelous (always).
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. The three panels look great and will only be better on the big canvases. As for the fire and a drink either one would be good. Stay warm and dry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tea. Always tea.

    Glorious pictures in this post! I am forcing myself to have things to say these days....not sure what that means.

    ReplyDelete