Monday, March 5, 2012

Silence and beauty

My dh and went searching for silence and beauty this Saturday.
We escaped the trap of weekend chores and computers and followed a trail that took us deep into the woods.
I enjoyed the play of deep shadows and sunlit areas.
And the absolute lusciousness of early spring.
I admit - there was some tree hugging...
How do you know how old was a tree when there are no concentric growth rings to count?
HERE is what we saw last year. This time we were too late... but there was still enough to make us smile.

From afar it looked like delicate lace...
The next photo is for all of you:
xo

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Zorana. The painting but also the pictures from te wood. Fantastic.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that quote! and the beautiful painting and photos to support it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful way to spend the day. And your painting conveys that so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thank you for the heart!
    ...And the lady bugs delighted me...
    Precious pics ~
    Hugs,
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful painting...and beautiful, magic place... "in silence"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely painting!!!! Your photo's have made me crave being in the woods agian, it's been too boggy in our local woods to go lately...........soon though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wonderful saying and wonderful photos! You really have a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for sharing your lovely walk in the woods! The deep shadows are both comforting and magical. :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. well hello! I've been missing..but I am happy to see this post. I love the shadow details in your hike and the white text on your artwork..they speak to me. I hope you are well and that I see you again soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Zorana - this post has left me feeling so happy! What beautiful photo's. Looks like you went to a magical place. Those deep shadows are very inviting. And the ladybugs are beautiful(and bountiful). Thanks for the heart too.
    Lots of love
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete