Friday, February 10, 2012

Visitor

I knew you couldn't guess it... it's such a random animal that I would have really been surprised if anyone thought of it. Thank you for trying! It was fun to read your comments.
Remember the cartoon with the black cat and a skunk in love?
Look what our camera captured in the backyard.
The black cat is our neighbors.... I thought that it was funny that she is black and seemed to know that we have a 'visitor'. The darling skunk has left our backyard and we closed the way it came in. I think that it is completely adorable and wouldn't mind holding one just like the girl in THIS movie.
It is not allowed to have skunks as pets in California (not that I would really want one, but I was intrigued by the thought), but it's very much allowed to quickly paint them in the journal. 
Happy weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I never would have thunk it!! (That's what HB says) You did a great job painting the skunk. Once when it was me and my two kids, we had a family of skunks move in under our porch! We had a time getting rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes like Janet said I never would have thunk it or skunk it! Wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said cat....does that partially count? haha!
    I think skunks are adorable. There's a Safari Park in Oregon we visit every Summer. They have Apricot Skunks there that you can hold...they are a beautiful peach and white instead of black...

    I love your cute little skunk painting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous, the cat and the shrunk. But the cat will smell nog welkl I think. Unbelievable but beautiful. Your painting shrunk is fabulous Zorana. You have painting him on his flight. Great.
    Thanks for your lovely words on my blog.
    greet en a nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a skunk but I used to love those cartoons! That's a really lovely painting!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a real live skunk before, that's pretty cool, love the fact you journalled it, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute and lively! i can almost smell him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. NIce painting of the skunk. The time we had one in our yard it sprayed our dog and It took weeks to get rid of the skunk smell. Poor Flynn had to live outside for awhile. I do not want to repeat that incident. Nice of you to capture it in paint though.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete