Tuesday, February 14, 2012

101 BIRDS - Painting #7

The way I am creating these bird paintings is completely free-form. I don't have a concept, color scheme, plan. Like here - I painted a bird in the middle of the page and had no idea what to do with him and couldn't just leave him standing in the middle of nothing. So I looked around my room, found a paper with printed words (that I usually cut and use one by one), added the whole thing, then some other paper and decided it was done. I stop painting when I'm happy with it.
Sometimes, days later  I decide that I actually don't like it, so I change it... paint around it or over it, until I'm happy again. It's only paint.
Wouldn't it be cool if everything in life was so simple?

9 comments:

  1. Ha, another sweet bird!
    Great to show us the details of the painting. It a beautiful painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS in one word Zorana.
    Wonderful all those details.
    Sweet greeting
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so textural Zorana. All your details are so precious.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy, yummy color and texture...have i told you i love your birds.....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wonderful job on the sparrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sparrow!

    Spontaneous art is often the best, I find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the textures, there are so rich.
    I am glad you are back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful textures and colours - really lovely.

    ReplyDelete