Tuesday, February 28, 2012

101 BIRDS - Painting #11

 Thank you for the comments on the previous post. Somehow I knew I wasn't the only one that keeps old brushes  much longer than I should. You should see my pen "collection". I have a special place where I keep only the ones that don't work (like a gazillion Pitt pens that I destroyed by using over wet paint). I keep them to scratch into paint. The only thing is - I do that a lot (like you can see on the following close up) but I NEVER use my pens for it.  I have a "special" favorite tool for it. One day I'll take a picture and show it in one of my future posts.

11 comments:

  1. I love your compositions.
    Your colors, lines, and texture are so expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece! I too have all my brushes. They've traveled the journey with me : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bird and butterflies...two of my favorite things in one b eautiful painting.

    We must be related! I have tons of brushes, and I keep old pens, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the different texture, so creative. Well, that does make sense, you are an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pens have a short life span around mixed media artists, don't they....haha!
    Love the idea of using them to scratch into paint....though I usually just use the tip of a mechanical pencil :)

    Another wonderful bird painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bird and buterflies, more is not necessary for me (LOL). I love this paintingg, but you know that I think. Great idea your scretching in the painting. Beautiful tip.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo this is lovely, my favourite colours! :o)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly beautiful and I love the scratching into paint ;0) Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your painting is very amazing, love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, you're again using colors that i love. In combination with nice motives and great texture.
    I'm keeping my "dead" pens also :) Not using them though, but just keeping them. Hoping they will start working again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is exquisite! Wonderful texture, colours and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete