Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Feelings shown

I am enjoying my big journal very much!
So many things fit on a big page...  it's like all that space allows the story to unfold.
This page started with a tiny torn out piece of paper. I found that little scrap on a street at least two years ago (probably more) and it kept showing up on my desk. I decided it was time to use it.
I don't use faces from magazines, but sometimes I use other, unrecognizable parts for color or texture. The girl and boy were in my throw-away pile. Something about the way they were accidentally cropped (while I was tearing paper around them) made me like it, so I added that piece to my page. And the one above it too. 
After that it was easy to add found words from a book and form some kind of a story... 
Speaking of stories, two amazing story-tellers are sharing their knowledge - Katie Kendrick extended sign up for her online workshop, and Lynne Hoppe is generously sharing how she paints her magical people. So much inspiration...

12 comments:

  1. Amazing, so interesting, so much to look at. Love how you blend the different things. What an imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those yummy layers! Makes me smile....and the fact that you've been saving that scrap of paper for so long is amazing to me. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always so many tiny details to found on your paintings. Love them just because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Zorana. What a wonderful piece of Work. Like this so very much. Beautiful collage. So much to see.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful journal Zorana! Will have to check out your recommendations too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your journal pages...your work is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just a little different from what you usually do....and I really like it. There's so much to see and yet it all blends together to make a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this one is my favorite. The large face, small details, colors-all make for a great journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work. I really liked looking at the smaller clips as well.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really enjoying having a peek in your big journal! I'm still trying to get used to mine even though it's not as big as yours! Thankyou for the links. :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic journal...so big! I love how you have filled this page, so many bits and pieces from life.
    Saw Lynnes tutorial the other day and yesterday a bought a few new oil pastels to have a play (any excuse to buy new art supplies). Will check out Katie Kendricks link also...thanks for sharing.
    You have a great weekend too. Love your latest piece on watercolour paper.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete