Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Painting on tea bags

Isn't Mrs. Duck adorable?
She tolerated my camera for a while and then told me what she thinks about me...
I just love her hair style!
 I sketched the duck lightly on 4 tea bags (read how Lynne Hoppe does it here), painted with watercolors  and glued over dictionary pages in my journal. I didn't have a lot of control over the color, as tea bags  absorb the water easily and make it spread in random splotches, but that made it more interesting.
Painting on tea bags! Try it - it's fun!

7 comments:

  1. You know, I saved some tea bags a few weeks ago to use in my art and then in a fit of cleaning I threw them out, thinking I probably woudn't get around ot using them. You have inspired me to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happen to have saved 3 teabags last weekend. They are floating in the studio all ready. I love what Lynne does with them and I love what you did with them.....these ducks look familiar ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Fabulous Zorana. That's great. Also the pictures and sure they have a lovely, hippy hair dress. love it.
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that Mrs. Duck and I love your sketches on tea bags (and love Lynne's work!!!).

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once used teabags in an art project at college to make a 'vessel'. I stitched them together and painted them too! Good to see them being put to good use again :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are so life-like and so cool that you did them on tea bags!

    ReplyDelete