Wednesday, June 15, 2011

On my easel

Can you guess why is her face painted black?
This is an unfinished painting. The faces have some color thrown on, just the beginning stages. On the one on the left I worked for a long time. I painted layers, looked at her, painted some more, looked again... and when I thought she is almost done I noticed that her eyes are so out of line that it was ridicules. How could I have looked at her for so long and not seen that? I couldn't believe it. I realized that there is no simple way out, so I just grabbed a jar of black gesso and eased my frustration. Tomorrow I start again...
Speaking of eyes that are not in line, guess who's work I've been privileged to look at today? No need to guess, you read it on the photo. I spent hours here trying to soak in every brush stroke and line and color I could. Amazing! Amazing is also the man that took a day off work to spend it with me, and who thought that I would love to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary by going to a museum. Such a smart man. A definite keeper...

10 comments:

  1. What a smart man. My wife always says, you have to keep the magic, for a marriage to work. e just threw a little magic your way. Serious points for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very smart man indeed ;)

    Your painting looks fabulous and i'm sure the girl's face will be amazing second time round :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is fabulous Zorana. And I believe that the face will be right soon. Beautiful colours.
    Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting is fabulous Zorana. And I believe that the face in the painting will be right soon.
    Love your paintings very much.
    Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, you have a smart man in your life. To begin with he was smart enough to marry YOU!

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok your my treat as I rest from being outside working and now resting a bit inside where it is cooler.

    It will be interesting for me to see the undertones of the black gesso on this face. It could add a richer tone just becuase it is there, you know what I mean.
    Like the painting so much.

    He is a wonderful man, he thought about what you would really like and did that,so nice.

    So now I have to go back out weed, and check for insects on my flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and thats the beauty of painting - we can always start again, add more layers, redo undo - return - ah the joy of it all

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your new painting - it will come together beautifully I'm sure! Lucky you both with the exhibit and the man!!! Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  9. sometimes out don't notice out of line eyes until i scan them into the computer. :( gah!
    you girls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you already know what I think about your DH. I'm just wondering if he gives lessons.
    I'm also wondering if you left the beautiful colors in the faces. Love it.

    ReplyDelete