Saturday, June 25, 2011

New Protectors

As my previous set of angels are sold and they left an empty space on our walls (that's where they live before they find a new home), I spent busy days painting some new faces to grace our hallway.
I was so happy to see all three of them together, outside of my little studio, in full California sunshine that I did a rare thing - allowed my daughter to take a picture of me with them...
And then I realized that she continuously snapped more pictures (like me gazing at my paintings like they are newborns), so I got shy and ran away. She took pictures of me running away too... giggling all the way. 
  Here are some close up pictures.
 Many different textures, this is one of them.

 "Gratitude is the fairest blossom that springs from the soul." - Henry Ward Beecher
Happy weekend!

13 comments:

  1. these are as always, beautiful. I love that your daughter took your photograph with these angels...and love that you ran away and she snapped you running....that's bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, they are wonderful! Love the photos with you in the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are your newborns. You created them and they're wonderful. I like seeing you with your paintings....four beautiful angels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love that smiling face even if it is hiding a little bit in the shadows. Of course I love the angels too but my favorite is the 4th one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whar great the pictures of your daughter from you and your work. Splendid. And your work is amazing. So gorgeous. You are a real artist.
    Love it very much.
    have a nice weekend
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  6. your angels are beautiful and so are you.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW these are simply gorgeous. I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're huge!!!!

    I had no idea!!

    OOOOO I haven't worked this size since I was 17 or 18(I'm now hurtling towards 50)...wow.... you've got the thoughts dancing around my head now after seeing such beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful words and paintings! Angel protecters,arrived just at the moment where they saw they were needed. Thankyou. :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank your daughter for the glimps of you in the sunshine. The new angels are lovely.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot tell you how much I love these!
    Fondly,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete