Tuesday, June 28, 2011

From a photo

Sharon wrote in the comments that she knew who I painted yesterday. I thought it might be interesting to show the photo of my daughter that inspired me. I started playing today with some blind contours in my sketch book. Isn't the resemblance remarkable? Just joking. This was the best of several.
Then I experimented with conte crayon (I have only one color). I never used them before... So much fun! I love things that you can smoosh (pastels, graphite, this crayon).
Here is the painting from yesterday, I added it so that I can have them all on one place (in one post).
 And finally a color explosion portrait. None of them really look like Hana, but I can't tire of her face, so it's just plain fun for me to try and recreate it with art materials.  
And just for something random - this flower made me extra happy today. I planted the seeds two years ago, and several times a few leaves would show up and then wilt and dry. I couldn't believe when I saw the flower this morning! So close to the ground, still only two weak leaves behind it; but obviously fighting so hard to survive. I hope my morning glory makes it this time...

11 comments:

  1. Easy to paint a beautiful portrait...when the subject is beautiful to begin with!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop it! Shut the door! You are having too much fun without me.
    Your Morning Glory looks like it is glowing from the inside. Did you get down on the ground and peek inside just to check and see if someone turned the lights on in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love morning glories!! and they are so beautiful when you get a whole lot of them growing over a fence or trellis. The colorful painting of your daughter is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's very pretty.....just like her Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colour Explosion is my favourite. What a beautiful daughter you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wonderful! Your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is beautiful just like her mom. I think I see her in many of your paintings.

    I love your morning glory! Oh, that color!! And Sharon is right, it looks like it's glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your created such diverse works of art from one photograph! Wonderful blog, I'm following.

    Miriam
    schulmanart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. All different paintings are unique and fantastic!You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some beautiful art work here!! :)

    ReplyDelete