Thursday, April 14, 2011

Interuption...

Interrupting the string of angels by a completely unexpected visit from a Funny Chicken... I have never painted poultry or had a wish to, but when I saw the picture here, I couldn't resist.
- 6.5" x 9.75" mixed media on paper and wood -

Not only did I paint it, I had to play some more.
 This is a half-blind sketch with a Sketch&Wash pencil and pan pastels.
 I just love this chicken... and I really don't know why. Inspiration comes from the most unexpected places. :-)

18 comments:

  1. Hi Zorana, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I am honoured! Your chicken is so fabulous, my stepson keeps chickens, they are characters and your painting depicts this. I just adore all your birds, they always look so happy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zorana, your mixed media chook is WONDERFUL...so much character.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolultely love what you did with Carol Marine´s chicken foto....I hope you posted it over there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. zorana,
    i lovelovelove the unexpected inspiration of chicken!!!
    OH MY GOODNESS. this painting
    is GORGEOUS. MASTERPIECE.
    XOXXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your chick ♥ ♥ Seems a bit angry, like she would jump out of the monitor at me :)))))))
    You've realy done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw, what a hot chick ;), it´s a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zorana Gorgeous. SUPER, SUPER. This painting is masterwork. Love it really.
    Gr. Marja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! I didn't know you already did it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, i love it....and your angels too... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its early Monday morning and when I spotted your chicken I got a big smile. What a happy painting. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog, great art work. I'll be sure to be back

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this funky chicken. She has so much personality!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this chicken!! Great job!!! Mary

    ReplyDelete