Friday, January 14, 2011

54x24" update

Everything about painting big is so different from what I'm used to... and I guess because that was not "enough" of a challenge, I decided to paint birds with oil paints, which I did only once before. I am still debating whether to add words, like I'm used to or will it not look right on this scale. Also - I have no idea how to photograph them well. I hope the weather will be nice over the weekend so that my husband can help me with that. Until then - this is the only photo I managed to take.
I'm off bravely to a next big canvas! Pushing through the uncomfortable feeling of "I don't know how to do this". Let's see what happens...
Happy weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Ok...well...I can't tell that you don't know how to do this, cus from what I can see in the picture, it looks fabulous. I look forward to seeing the whole painting in a pic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This already looks awesome. Love the warmth of the colors, the added gold. Can't wait to see the whole painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors..rich and warm fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh I'm sitting here thinking wish I could do that!! I absolutely love this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that would be a challenge for me. zorana.... it is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was very inspiring to look at the montage of last years month by month art work. I love the pink birdie below. I love birds(I'm feeding birds this winter and the little piggies have eaten over 50 pounds of sunflower seeds, so far :) I'll be back to get a better look at your "painting big" canvases...they look great!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful!, the textures and gold, and goreuous birds too!...
    I'm not techy either and find it so hard to photograph too..But we can see and appreciate from these pics what fab work you have done...xx..julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this!! Sooooo pretty and different. Beautiful rich colors and textures. wow! Oh, and I've done the coffee next to the rinse water(post above) too...not good!

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete