Friday, November 5, 2010

Different

Change yourself and your work will seem different. -Norman Vincent Peale 
I painted this lady and her cat in a way that I never did it before. Was it laziness or willingness to experiment - I'm not sure. I didn't mix the skin color (or any other color) on my palette. I used colors straight from the tube on the paper and mixed them while quickly painting with a very scruffy brush. You can see the red, yellow, blue and white... I deliberately left them unblended at places. It was interesting. She looked very weird at moments, but at the end - I like the result. Try it! There is nothing like feeling completely free, enjoying the process and not having any expectations. Lovely feeling.
Happy weekend!

8 comments:

  1. She's great as she is. Sometimes you just have to try something new, different :) it's part of neverending learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I can loosen up....I can loosen up.....I CAN loosen up. That's my new painting mantra! This wonderful painting inspires me.

    LOVE the new banner. Would hate to have to pick my favorites, but I'm partial to the 3 "special" images...ha! Great idea! Sharon P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your painting and I like the cat! Oh and your new header-very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! She looks great and if you hadn't told us I'd never have guessed you didn't mix your colors ahead of time.

    PS - LOVE the new header!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the colors and the texture of this piece. Being free is what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! love the texture, love the loose style of painting.
    It's hard for me to paint free like this, I am making an effort to let go of the need to control everything. Thank you for showing me what it is like
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete