Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hidden strength

At first I felt lost, sad, tired, scared.... so I painted her like this:
Then I had this weird pull to paint a lioness... and I resisted it because I don't know how to paint a lioness... Finally I decided not to fight and just put some paint on the brush and go for it. I'm not sure if she looks like a girl lion or a kitten, but even if she doesn't have her full power now, I know that the potencial is there and will show up eventually.
After that, I knew which words I had to add. My friend Sharon says that you can find all words in one book, so I followed her advice and spent some time with a nice book.
The words showed up:
So, there it is. You are so much stronger than you think.
So am I. I Just need to find a way to wake up the lioness.
Happy Autumn!

8 comments:

  1. WOW oh WOW! OH my! This is so powerful! It really really is. Amazing.

    And I can't believe that you remember that I told you that. It is true. You proved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so beautiful and true art that came from within you! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Autumn colours, this really is lovely! It's so funny how sometimes you have an idea in your head and you just have to go with it!!! I really like the lioness!!! Lovely words too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm speechless! This is just so incredible. I'm glad you followed your instincts because this painting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really powerful piece. Glad you picked up the brush and went for the lioness, it really gives such depth tho the art and the words.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. So inspirational! So empowering. I love it!! I am stronger than I think, yay! :) Bless you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So amazing Zorana!!...Just love this piece, the colours, the feeling, and the lion, as well as her beautiful face...xxx...julia

    ReplyDelete