Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy June!

Isn't June a special month? It was always one of my favorite months. Maybe because it meant the end of a school year and beginning of summer. And the end of cold weather, bounty on green markets, lighter clothes...Whatever the reason is, I usually feel light and happy in June and that's reason enough to celebrate. This photo shows what my sneaky husband captured one of the three long non-work days. I spent a lot of time outside, with my moleskine journal and a pencil.
Sooooo...... maybe you haven't noticed that I'm suffering with a complete lack of inspiration, but I really am. I don't know what I want to paint or create and it seems that I don't have one interesting idea floating in my head. Luckily, what I do know is - that it shouldn't prevent me from creating. I feel the need to play with color, to make things and the fact that I don't know what to create is not going to stop me. Therefore - a series of simple, serious faces started.
I didn't know what to do, so I drew the simplest weird face ever and colored it with my Pan Pastels. That was fun, so I made another one.

And I liked not thinking about "what" am I creating and just freely putting color on paper, so I made another one:
Fourth serious lady followed:
And many more after that one, but I will stop now and bother you with the rest some other day.
Happy June! And happy creating with or without inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. I love all of them and you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your serious faces and more than that, I love what you are doing with your pan pastels!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combinations!
    I know those slumps in creative energy well. I need to be almost meditative to create and this busy world is not into "meditative", :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sometimes (often) find myself in a rut as well. Especially when I have just finished something huge. I taught at Artfest in March and still haven't gotten totally back in the groove. It helps me to do something so completely different than my usual. Instead of painting, I will sculpt. Instead of sculpting, I will sew. And so on!! Eventually, the paint will call to me again and an idea will strike. It also helps me to go to your blog...and Sharon's...and others that I love!! Loved your serious ladies!! Just relax and enjoy the warm weather...inspiration is just around the corner!!

    ~Sunny~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, sometimes a change of season will do that to me, too; just posted about it with sunflowers as my mindless repetition. Then, wham, an oil painting appeared on my easel for my next post.
    Just good old fashioned incubation, perhaps?
    Your faces are mahvelous, dahling!

    ReplyDelete