Thursday, May 27, 2010

Portrait of a lady and her cat

Our cat has been extra cute lately, so I guess that he was on my mind when I painted this. Actually, I don't know why I painted it the way I did. It feels weird not to have a background with a lot of texture and mixed up color. No stencils, stamps, transfers, layers over layers over layers...
Maybe it's not finished.
Maybe I'll add all those things and show you a different painting some other time.
And maybe not....
Isn't it great that we can do whatever we want with our art? I wish we can do the same thing with other things in life... jump in, make a change, and then change it again if it doesn't feel right. It's easier and much less scary to be brave on canvas...

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes the simplest and most straight forward is the most impressive and conveys the best message and I think you have captured a wonderful feeling with this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this painting.
    Love the colors and everything about it.. it has a certain "mood"..
    and the kitty is so cute..
    Hugs, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you needed a change that's why you painted a scene for your background. :) Loving it! And the cat is so adorable I could eat it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. That painting must be you and your cat. I guess it was inspired by the close relationship that you both shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very nice and even though its different it definitely has a presence about it that says Zorana painted this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this, I like it when you take a little different direction just to explore your style.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this painting...love all of your work.

    ReplyDelete