Thursday, March 18, 2010

Painting on Rosin Paper - 1 & 2

You may know from THIS post that I love rosin paper. I like that it is inexpensive and that I can create freely on it without thinking about the outcome. I wanted to see how a similar painting looks on different backgrounds and I thought that rosin paper would be a good surface for it. In the first video you'll see how I created 4 different backgrounds and sketched a similar face.
The next one shows me painting two faces. One of them is hilarious.... I choose colors so poorly that it was making me laugh all the time. I guess it shows that if you just continue painting, not reacting to the ugly phase, something will appear. After all, it's only paint and paper...
I hope you'll enjoy them. Two more to come. Happy almost weekend!

9 comments:

  1. That was fun!! And left me hungry to paint.
    I've got to get some of that rosin paper. I'm so bad about letting the cost of materials hold me back from creating.
    I really admire the way you create with such freedom, not to mention your style. Thanks so much for sharing this generous little lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the videos...I am a high school art teacher and want to use them for my Art 3 students in 11th and 12th grades. You will be an inspiration to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me, I spent all day watching other videos ;0)
    Then I discovered these. What a treat. I will be watching again and again. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These videos were great, makes me want to pull out my red rosin paper and paint. I love watching you paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treat FOR SURE. I've finally had time to watch them and as usual, my Dear, you AMAZE me. I sat mesmerized, totally transfixed watching a true ARTIST create her beauty. Oh how I wish you would teach ! ! !
    There are many of us who would line up to take your classes ! !
    Thank you so much for sharing your work. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great videos! I love watching you paint. I always stop st the ugly stage because I get upset and do not know how to fix it. Thanks so much for sharing. I know there is hope for me yet:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came back to watch again. :)

    I also think you should think about teaching, maybe an online class? Get in line behind me, people!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could watch all day long. Love how the "poor thing" painting elvolved into a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you say it's only paper & paint...It kind of makes it less intimidating. I would love to try, but I'm just not secure enough about it. I would rather just watch you paint. lol
    Love the birdie with the crown, but you know that's one of my favorites!
    Happy Day,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete