Monday, February 22, 2010

Anything is possible

Something completely different from my usual, isn't it? I just needed to paint a giraffe and a child...
So..... do you think it's a boy or a girl?
My daughter says it's a girl. She said that I made the hair a bit too long for a boy, and that adding a tiara didn't help.
Tiara? Really? Not a crown for a pretend prince or little king? Tiara.
She came half an hour later, while I was still painting and had a little laugh.
"The rosy cheeks, eyelashes and perfectly groomed eyebrows don't make it look more like a boy."
Oh, whatever. Maybe I don't know how to paint boys.
Or giraffes.
But I think it's cute.
And I think it carries a good message.
I listed it on ebay. Hopefully someone else will like it too.

6 comments:

  1. So cute....I vote for boy..but it really could go either way. Since the blue is so strong, I think it makes it more masculine..but what do I know. :) Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Julie....I think it could be either. My first thought was boy though. Whatever, I like it. It's very cute and has a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love giraffes!! I think this defenitly looks like a little girl, either way your painting is beautiful!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes HE is so cute. It it the shirt he is wearing that tells me HE is. And so is the giraffe. Cute. What made you think of painting a Giraffe? Did you ever paint one before? I love giraffes and zebras too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Zorana,
    It's soooooo funny, as I was reading your post I was thinking things you were saying. I thought it was a boy because of the wonderful blue striped shirt, the hair looked like a boy to me, but then I did think about the sweet rosy cheeks...but when my grandson was little, he had sweet rosy cheeks!!! I love this little prince...thanks for giving my evening a smile friend!!!
    Smiles to you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is truly ADORABLE and it really doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl! The bird keeper is fabulous and I simply ADOOOORE your videos!!!:)
    Lots of love, Sanda xx

    ReplyDelete