Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Feeling free

Feeling free. That's the only thing I can think about when I look at this painting. That is how I felt when I carved 3 hours of "me time" yesterday afternoon. A piece of cardboard, tons of color, felt beads, scrap of fabric and linen thread... and pure freedom to allow the hands to create whatever they want. Loved it! Couldn't help but miss the days when I didn't work and got to 'feel free' the whole day long. 
I always enjoy playing with the cropped pieces from the painting in Photoshop. Makes me think that I would probably enjoy abstract art. The problem is - I don't know how to create an abstract painting without making it look like a background that is missing the focal point. I'll stick with Photoshop for now.

8 comments:

  1. I never thought of playing with what you crop in photoshop, I think I will give it a try. Love your painting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girl, gorgeous colors. Love the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous!! I love the colors....so rich and vibrant. I'm not much good with photoshop. I need to learn more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this freestyle work and looks great on the cardboard...looks like lots of FUN!

    acky xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, love the colour, the texture, the design, I love it all, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most beautiful painting Ive ever seen. I really love looking at it. So cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this piece. It is so beautiful with the rich colors. I am going to play with my photoshop today I'm thinking. I have to take a course first though.

    ReplyDelete