Thursday, January 15, 2009

White

Journaling in January - Day 15
If you know my art, you know that I use color a lot. Strong, often very saturated color. And as much as I admire Misty's use of white - I don't know how to do it. Not that I'm unhappy with today's page, it's just that if I had time I would do it differently.

I started by painting a regular, strong-colored painting (as you can see in the following photo).
Then I added layers of different whites (acrylics, inks, stencils, stamps...). I think that when I try it next time, I will try using different tones of white and some color for the contrast. That will be interesting. I'm curious to see how others interpreted today's challenge. You can see the pages here.

10 comments:

  1. I really like this Zorana. Amazing how different the painting looks before and after. You have done a lovely job (I love her mournful eyes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought these were two different paintings. It's amazing how the color changed the image and the feeling of the art so mcuh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zorana,

    I too think the piece is nice. It was hard working with white. I ended up using white and paynes grey so mine looks sort of blue grey instead of white.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the white page. And I love your new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the thing with the white picture is her eyes really stand out - the shock of the blue... i love it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!Z! This is my favorite. Those eyes! You and Sharon just keep getting better and better. White was a puzzle for me...I chose to collage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is also interesting to look at for awhile...her eyes, and the layers of white, are done so well, and she looks like an ice princess..love the angles you are making with your girls ....xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zorana, I LOVE THE WHITE ART YOU HAVE COMPLETED.
    I hope you do more.
    Smiles, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. The white version is my very favorite of all your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My goodness....I just found your wonderful art while on my search to try to find a pattern for the Spring dodee doll...to no avail, but I adore your art...so inspiring. thanks for sharing, bonnie

    ReplyDelete