Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Texas in California

It started with a sign... a single feather that waited for us when we first stepped into the backyard of our new home. It could have only been there for the wingkeeper to pick it up.The sign became a wish... so I made this photo-montage of the two of us in the backyard (that has much prettier chairs and greener grass now) and sent it to her.And then it happened. One day after Christmas my present arrived and stepped in her bouncy shoes from my car.
Sharon (of Norah's art) was here! She brought laughter and joy, shadows and art, beauty and friendship and ceremonies and stories.... and we had five days of sharing and fun.
It started with a lemon tree ceremony. She gifted me with an amazing tree flag... I saw only fragments of it on her blog and had no idea what it was.
The text says: "BALANCE LIFE AND LEMON TREES" and that is exactly what I plan to do in the next year. My friend is spending the day in three different planes and four airports and I am missing her company already and planing for our next meeting. I think this was the best possible way to finish the year... something that will set the path for 2009. Life and lemon trees. Art and friendship. I wish you all a very happy 2009! May we all laugh, create and learn new things in it.

8 comments:

  1. Happy new year- what a wonderful post!! Totally inspiring.. so- did you try the shoes on? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful ending for this year! I'm so happy for both of you. It must have been an amazing five days....a memory for each of you to keep forever.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my friend, I am in tears and speechless after reading your post. And after five days with me, you know speechless is rare indeed. Thank you for the beautiful, artful wrap-up to 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how i wish i could invite myself to your home, dear zorana :o)
    what fun you and sharon had!!
    may 2009 bring you, and your loved ones, only blessings and joy, dear zorana xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so very wonderful to read! It makes me happy to know you two shared this time!

    happy New Year Zorana!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Zorana- my heart is so full after reading this post. I am so, so happy that you and Sharon (of the jazzy shoes) spent time together.

    What a perfect art filled (and lemon tree filled) way to finish off 2008!

    I love the tree flag she made for you and I know your heart must feel so full after meeting Sharon at last. You are obviously soul friends and this visit has made that even clearer to both of you.

    Sending much love and wishes to you for a wonderful 2009 - you deserve many,many good experiences.

    I love you dear friend.

    Dot xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zorana,
    and a HAPPY NEW YEAr for 2009 to you and your lovely family..
    Thank you for sharing a little of your time with Nora with us, it must have been such a thrill for you both, and the enrgy thatcomes from likeminded people being in each others company...your art work together is so great...I too would love to paint roses with you...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A happy and artful 2009 to you, Zorana! I am enjoying reading about your adventures with Sharon. I went home to MD for the holidays and was looking for something to read at the airport and I found a book called True Visions (I am art journaling this year) and there you were in the book! I was thumbing thru and I yelled to my hubby...I just saw Zorana.
    xo suze

    ReplyDelete