Monday, July 28, 2008

Le désappointement

Searching for houses online is the quickest way to get your hopes up. We saw a house in the perfect spot, with just the right amount of rooms and a good price. Our realtor set up a visit for the day after. All I could think of is how much I would like to love the house, to walk in and feel that it is 'the one'. That evening I created this page. And, once again, the French text told a story. Actually, it predicted how I will feel.
I don't speak French, but 'le désappointement' can only mean - disappointment... right? And that's what it was. The family was still living in the house, so they were there when we visited. I have never, ever saw such clutter in my life. We literary had to watch where we were stepping to avoid walking on their clothes. There was no air, no space, no light... I couldn't even use my imagination to picture this place as our home. We quickly left the place, and 'désappointement' is what I felt.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my friend, all these house hunting journal pages are just so exceptional. I mean how nice it is now and in the future that you have journaled the momentous event in you life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all these journal pages while you searched for the perfect home.

    I can sure relate to your experiences with online real estate. As they say, been there, done that! A picture is not like seeing the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh.... I hate it when they are in there. I never understood that. We always ran for the hills when anyone came through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't envy you house hunting. When we bought our current home, I swore I was never going through that again. I am not sure which I find more agonizing- house hunting or car buying.

    But how amazing it is that you used your disappointment to create such wonderful page of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame this family had never heard of the principles of house doctoring ie declutter, depersonalise and decamp!


    It's great you are keeping such a powerful journal to pour all your emotions into.

    Keep searching - you'll find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I am confused. These are older journal pages and you DO have your new home...right?
    Apparently those people don't have cable...with HGTV and all the shows they have with helpful tips to sell your home. The first thing they do is de-clutter.
    The journal pages are superb. I need to get started on mine. I say that everytime I come over to your blog.
    Hope everything goes smoothly. We have built our last three homes and that can be a nightmare too.
    I found our current home on the net after a year of searching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a good thing you WENT and looked inside! :) I've heard of people buying houses sight unseen.
    Very nice pages!!

    ReplyDelete