Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Feeling restless...

My very much loved bird started his long flight back to the nest this night... It's late and I have to wake up very early. I should be sleeping, but I can't. Not that I'm worried.... I would just like time to go faster. It is going to be long 24 hours...
What to do when you feel restless and don't want to paint? Bake.
I rarely bake anything sweet, but for some reason I had to make cookies at 10 p.m. Emily (of The Black Apple) blogged about them yesterday, and then mentioned them today... and I had to try. Mine didn't turn out as pretty, and I have no idea how they taste (because I didn't try them), but I feel a little better now that I spent the time in the kitchen. And it gave me an excuse to play in Photoshop... just as I did with the above picture. I wanted to show off the beautiful colors of roses, so I thought that it would be a good idea if I (background) was in sepia.
Last night I dreamt that a black panther crossed my path and was probably preparing to attack me... I really don't want to go to bed now. Maybe I'll start a new journal page...

4 comments:

  1. GREAT pictures today Zorana!! I saw Emily's cookies too...I am going to try them one day.I bet they were delicious. My friend is working his way through the new Martha Stewart cookie book..one recipe at a time. I am going to do that once we move too and give away all the cookies. I seldom eat what I bake as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You baked all those cookies and didn't taste one!! Wow....you have some will power! They look delicious. And so do you in your sepia tones peeking out from behind all those luscious roses.

    I hope you were able to get some sleep afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would have to have a warm cookie...or two. That's when they taste the best. Your's look yummy.
    I have trouble getting to sleep every Monday night. I am a night person and I have to get up early on Tuesday's to bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you journal?
    I hope all is well with you. You sound restless.

    Cookie

    ReplyDelete