Monday, November 12, 2007

My notebook

Allow me to introduce my notebook:
Could it be any plainer? I guess it could... the orange makes it "pop". Not enough...
I've been carrying this thing around the whole last week. Taking notes at work, taking notes at home while studying... all the time being bothered by the lack of anything that would interest me on the outside.
I guess I was channeling my inner Norah when I decided to attack my notebook. Sharon is always generous in sharing her techniques, but she overdid herself with the last journal. I felt like I was reading a great "Cloth, Paper, Scissors" tutorial.
I didn't want to imitate her completely (well, I did want to... but it wouldn't feel right), so I found a picture of another scroll on the web and freehanded it. I then realized that I used the wrong scroll, the wrong colors and that my notebook is even uglier than when I started.
There is only one thing to do when things don't look the way you want them - paint some more. I continued, allowed myself to try something that's different than I envisioned and this is what came out:
I think it is more interesting than the craft paper cover I started with... and I think that I'll enjoy writing notes in it more. Having said that - it's time that I jump to lynda.com and learn more about digital prepress secrets. Have a wonderful week!
Thank you Sharon for the inspiration!

17 comments:

  1. My heart is pounding with excitement, The beauty of this cover is overwhelming. It started that AAA (art anxiety attack) in my stomac. You took inspiration and I am just blown away with the beauty that you painted. I don't have words at this moment to express. You give me great joy today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a rich gloriously mysterious cover.Love the idea of an inner Norah! I must be listening too as I started a Norah -esque cover on aliuttle altered art journal.Isnh't she great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally stunning! I feel her looking right into my spirit! She is saying if you trust me with your thoughts and inner workings of your heart, I will keep them and guard them. Everything inside is precious.
    You did Sharon's scroll idea proud..and at the same time it is all YOU. Gorgeousness.

    xo Rella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb and earthy-looking journal!! May you have much fun within its page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zorana....omg. I can't believe your notebook!! IT'S one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen!! You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beeeauuutiful Zorana! What an amazing example of your *willingness* to [in your own words],"allow myself to try something that's different than I envisioned"! And look what happened - that pretty face with just one warm, welcoming brown eye peering through all that magical artwork. She knows you listened and so willingly kept on painting! How lucky we are to share in the visual reward of your sweet artful listening! I'm so grateful for you! xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did a great job after norah...it is not easy to do another's style...blessings, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Zorana..This is intensely lovely!!!! She is full of so much mysterious yet peaceful energy!!!What a thrilling journey with your muse!
    Hugs
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Gorgeous! It's so you with a little bit of Norah's touch. You should love to take notes now. I'm sure you have the best notebook of anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How utterly stunning your notebook is now. I love that face! Gorgeous work!!! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is gorgeous. It is so interesting to see another artist take the same ideas and create such beauty that is truly her own.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. I back...again and again....I copied you...sorta

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautifully decorated sketchbook! A real inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sharon surely is inspirational and you did an absolutely beautiful job!! Isn't great when things turn out better even tho different then what you had planned? Happy Wednesday Z!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zorana this is gorgeous!!! But you know, I think everything you do is just that! I get such inspiration for Sharon too and want so badly for HER results. YET you, too, inspire me in that way. So here's a big ol group hug for you inspiring women that I feel so blessed to have in my blogging life!
    I still hope one day (as we live so near one another) that we can actually meet!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Zorana, dear! - Thank you for the WEALTH of information and for posting your creative process. The end result is as unique and lovely as you are!!

    Drat, I'm off to work but I can't wait to return and check out the video and tutorial. I, too, have a blank book that needs my "treatment" (whatever that is) - vicki xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a fantastic cover and you have channeled Nora to perfection! I thought it was Sharon's work!

    ReplyDelete