Thursday, November 1, 2007

A mindless journal entry

Art journals are a great thing! I sat last night with wise words I snatched from Rebecca's blog, paints, paper scraps and just mindlessly painted and played. It started as a yellow background and grew into this chaos of color. I listened and watched a bit of this wonderful DVD and just relaxed without thinking about the final thing. The little creature on the left side is a doodle I did (also mindlessly) while talking to someone... I saw it, thought it was cute and just slapped it on my page. That's why I think art journals are great... you get to play, relax, reflect and not care about the output.
Let me just add that Rebecca has wonderful thoughts daily on her blog... many times it is just what I need to hear.

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing. It's you and your little muse. Both of you are so cute. And Rebecca's words are so perfect. I really like this one. I know, I say that every time. It's true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this was mindless!!! It is soOOOOoO beauty full, the self portrait is stunning!!! If this was a concert I would be standing shouting BRAVO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's too beautiful, zorana - esp. the self-portrait!! i add my voice to the BRAVO echoing aroung blogland!
    and thanks for the turtle pic - handbag email has been down so i couldn't reply :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything but mindless! The words are so perfect and something I think we all need to hear....and heed. Your self-portrait is beautiful just as you are and I love the layers and build-up of colors here. I echo the "Bravo"

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...i am blown away by this...i remember writing the words...and how i felt writing them...but to learn how they impact another is...so special to me...reaching out through the words of my heart...to touch you and see it visually...i am speechless...hugs...blessings, rebecca

    may i borrow you page for a future post please??

    ReplyDelete