Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hi! That's me after twenty-nine hours of airports, missed flights, numerous security checks, lost luggage etc. Happy thing is that I am a good sleeper and napped on every flight so I didn't arrive tired. I even refused to admit that there is a 9 hour time difference and continued my days as normal.
The reward was being hugged by my mom and seeing firsthand that she will be okay. My father left for a business trip so we have the luxury of spending all hours of the day together.... never enough time to talk about everything we want to.
I didn't start the long trip unprepared... I painted several pages in my new moleskin journal, packed my crayons, pens, pencils, water brush etc. Unfortunately, I'm too self-conscious to journal in public, so I had to find places on airports where no one could see my scribbles.
I was feeling nauseous on my first flight (I always do when I fly east, don't know why) so I was trying to remember to breathe and held my heart to help me feel centered. I secretly watched people and tried to sketch them. I would really like to know to do this better... but it takes a lot of practice and I don't remember to do that part. On the following page I used pieces from German newspaper and glued them with a glue stick (not messy, allowed on planes and functional).I have more pictures to share, but I will leave it for another day. Hope that everyone is enjoying October! I can't believe that half of the month almost passed...

9 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you!! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear from you and see you in your Mom's arms. A good feeling I know.
    Love all you travel journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dear z...i am glad that you have good qualuty time with your precious mother...you will thank God for each of these days...glad that your travel was safe...blessings, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo of you and your mom just says it all. That's pure love and joy on your faces.

    I was so happy to see a post from you and to know that you arrived safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your Mom in each other's arms is such a precious photo! How wonderful to be so loved and cherished! Breathe in every moment of you time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank YOU! for such a SWEET post Zorana! GLAD to hear your mama is going to be ok! Are YOU still there or back home?!!! That photo of YOU and your mom is a tear jerker! YOU look GREAT considering all that travel experience!and with heels???!! Phew! Here is a BIG hug from me too! (((((Zorana)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been checking here often so I am delighted to see a post. I love that picture of you and your mom, it truly tugged at my heart strings. You travel well my friend, I think my luggage would be dragging ME!
    I can't tell you how happy I am there is a happy ending...truly and sincerely!!!
    Sending you hugs!
    XOXO
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a heartwarming post, beautiful photo of you and your mama; so glad to hear she's going to be alright and that you get to spend lots of time together. going home again, ah......

    beautiful journal pages, you went prepared!

    xo katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. There you are....safe and home. What precious moments for you and mama. Thank you for taking us along on your journey. xo Rella

    ReplyDelete