Saturday, March 24, 2007

Kelly Kilmer's workshop

I wish I could spend more days like this.... This was a much needed break from the regular overwhelming chaos going in my mind. My dear, dear friend Connie and I spent the day in Danville learning '' from lovely and talented Kelly Kilmer. I didn't want to torture her with my camera, but I did want to have some photos to share (how does one balance those two things?). Do you see that big bucket? That is gel medium! Doesn't just seeing that huge amount call you to get out papers and start gluing them on anything? After my regular Golden tubs this looked enormous! Kelly is the such a generous teacher! Look at the mounds of collage material! This is just a part of it... We were free to roam through all and take whatever we wanted. :-) Not only that, she had everything else that you may dream of... paints, stamps, pens of every kind and size... all fun stuff! It was a treat to see one of her journals up close.
It was a fast paced workshop, we made several pages. This is my favorite:
So..... It was fun, happy, informative. Kelly is a great teacher. I encourage you to take one of her classes if you can and to visit her blog and say "hi!".

6 comments:

  1. 2 things, first I could relate to needing to get away from the chaos in ones mind....and secondly I wish I'd known about this workshop as I would have attended. Yes, I've been to Stampers Warehouse a couple of times now (I can't frequent it because I end up wanting EVERYTHING) It would have been a great way to see others collaging techniques....and I could have met another fellow blogger.
    Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, lucky you! I can't get over the giant tub of gel medium!!
    Love the page you made.
    Nerissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW GREAT STUFF! And it looks like tons of fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you and Connie had a fantastic day Zorana! It must have been heaven to be in that environment and be able to play with all of Kelly's goodies!
    LOVE the enormous tub of gel medium (yum).

    Your page looks fantastic. I like the Papaya images you used. It is very vibrant.

    Glad you were able to have this time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zorana, this is Alix (short blond hair, sat in the corner) from Kelly's Friday night and two Saturday classes. Let me know if you are the one who remembered the Dawn dolls and if so, I'll give you the link to that site.

    Kelly's classes are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed looking through your site. I especially loved your 3 page 'tree' entry. I might just give this one a try! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete