Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Emboss - resist

A technique that uses acrylic glazes, embossing powder and an iron. I scanned the background because I had no idea what to do with it and thought that it may be interesting to see what comes out. This stamp surprised me! I used parts of it several times, not knowing that it is a figure of ... I don't know.... mermaid or something like that. I received it as a gift from Inka stamps (for submitting some art ages ago). I was surprised when I saw a face....I decided to turn the card upside down and liked it much more that way. Here is what I came up with - a vintage reprint, an acetate transparency, words from a dictionary and a layer of sweet smelling beeswax on the top.


Here is something else I have been working on.
I set the little bird free today.... I hope she'll have a safe flight.

4 comments:

  1. Phew! That birdie is soooo SWEET! YOU amaze me ZO! All the art you create and always trying something new! Bravo!!!xo, Cinda ps. Sweet Dreams! It's almost 2 A.M. here! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just TOO cute, Zorana!! There truly is nothing you can't turn your hand to - I'm amazed!!
    I so hope to meet you one day - I'm sure your creative energy just bounces off you and onto everyone and everything around :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Z, that bird is too cool! What personality it has! Is that polymer clay? You did a great job. He is quite handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little birdie is adorable. I want to see more.

    ReplyDelete